Previous Post
Archives
bag lady
Wednesday, August 3, 2011


It's a year since my last post here - but I think this photo of my latest creation shows progression in the sewing stakes. Made from a piece of Otterburn Tweed I found in a charity shop, then various bits and pieces for the lining and applique, all reclaimed. I think it's lovely, even though it's not a posh lady's bag. I have never really got on with posh handbags, always felt insufficiently feminine in that way. Never craved a leather bag, like I never craved an engagement ring or a proper wedding dress. Something fundamental lacking there, Colley.
The sewing thing, the pleasure of it, stunning. All down to the fab Amy Johnson who has taught me everything this past year or two. I am reaping what I sew.

Labels: , , , ,

3:25 AM  

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home